Late French Immersion (LFI) Registration
The parent information night for the Late French Immersion program at Spring Creek is tentatively booked on February 15, 2018 at the school.
Registration for the LFI program date to be determined.
- in Grade 5 & 6, the majority of the BC curriculum is taught in French (emphasis is on oral French).
- English Language Arts are re-introduced in Grade 7, while other subjects continue to be taught in French.
- The program continues into the high schools throughout the Sea to Sky School District.
French Immersion is a program that can offer your child:
- A fun, effective and challenging way to learn French at an early age
- The opportunity to learn the same curriculum as the regular English program, in French
- An opportunity to participate in rich French cultural learning experiences
- A bilingual future
Late French Immersion is intended for non-French speaking students who wish to develop a high level of proficiency in both official languages. Students enrolled in French immersion study the same BC curriculum as students in the English-language program. The major distinction between the English-language program and French Immersion is that the language of instruction and communication in the immersion component is French.
Although research has demonstrated that French Immersion is an educational model with universal application, many parents have questions that they need to have answered before enrolling their children into the program. Please do not hesitate to contact Stuart Bent, the principal, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.